IBM WebSphere refers to a brand of computer software products in the genre of enterprise software known as "application and integration middleware". These software products are used by end-users to create applications and integrate applications with other applications. IBM WebSphere has been available to the general market since 1998.
IBM introduced the first product in this brand, IBM WebSphere Performance Pack, in June 1998. As of 2012 this original component forms a part of IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment, which itself is one of many WebSphere-branded enterprise software products
IBM WebSphere software
See also: List of IBM products
The following complete list of IBM WebSphere software uses IBM classifications. Several tools appear in more than one category.
IBM has also classified WebSphere software according to the capabilities offered for individual industries.
- WebSphere Application Server - a web application server
- IBM Workload Deployer - a hardware appliance that provides access to IBM middleware virtual images and patterns
- WebSphere eXtreme Scale - an in-memory data grid for use in high-performance computing
- IBM HTTP Server
- IBM WebSphere Adapters
- IBM Websphere Business Events
- IBM Websphere Host On-Demand (HOD) Host On-Demand Web-based TN3270, TN5250 and VT440 Terminal Emulation.
- IBM WebSphere Message Broker
- IBM WebSphere MQ (previously known as IBM MQSeries)
- IBM WebSphere Portlet Factory
- IBM WebSphere Process Server